- 2 jumbo yams
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Boil jumbo yams for 45 minutes. Let the yams cool enough for you to be able to handle them. Remove the skins and slice each yam into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- In a small saucepan, melt 4 tbsp of butter. Add the brown sugar, and mix until it is somewhat dissolved. Add in orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined & simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a baking dish, pour some of the glaze on the bottom and place down one layer of yams. Pour over a third of the glaze, and repeat the process until all of the yams and glaze are in the dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, basting with the glaze halfway through.
- Remove the dish from the oven and add marshmallows to cover the top. Stick the dish under your broiler for 2-3 minutes until the marshmallows are nice and toasted. Serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American, Southern