This French Toast is cooked low & slow in clarified butter, which makes for a crispy exterior and custardy interior. The most perfect addition to Breakfast or Brunch.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- clarified butter
- Combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, sugar & vanilla into a dish and mix to form a custard.
- Preheat a skillet with clarified butter over a low flame.
- Dip the brioche slices into the custard and let the bread soak some of it up until it feels spongey (about 10 seconds per side).
- Let excess custard drip off of the bread, and place into the preheated skillet. Cook for 7 & 1/2 minutes per side. Don’t touch it while its cooking! Just flip once after 7 & 1/2 minutes.
- Remove french toast from the skillet after 15 minutes and serve with your favorite toppings.
- Please read full blog post for tips and tricks
- If you do not have clarified butter, you can use regular butter with a touch of olive oil. Leave heat on a low flame to avoid burning.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: french toast