This decadent, gooey baked macaroni and cheese is filled with four types of cheese, seasoned to perfection, and doesn’t require a roux based béchamel sauce.
- 1 16 ounce box elbow noodles
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese
- 8 ounces muenster cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Shred all of your cheeses. (It’s better to shred your own cheese because pre-shredded cheese have preservatives that don’t allow the cheese to melt the same/as well as blocks of cheese)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with and add in a good amount of salt. Add in your elbow noodles and boil for 12 minutes, or until al dente.
- Strain your noodles and add back into the pot with no water.
- Mix in adobo, pepper, sugar, mustard, smoked paprika and evaporated milk, with your noodles. Start to add in 3/4ths of your cheese, leaving some to sprinkle on the top.
- Pour this mixture into your baking dish, sprinkle a little more smoked paprika on top, and top it off with your remaining cheese.
- Place your macaroni and cheese into the oven, and let it bake until the cheese on top is nice, crisp and golden; about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish