My Mac & Cheese recipe is top 5 on my list of “Top five things i would eat if I could only eat five things for the rest of my life”. That is not an exaggeration, and I’m not just saying this because I came up with this recipe myself. It will transform you into a believer. It’s ooey gooey with the right amount of cheese, and seasoned with a few components that will have people trying to guess, “what exactly did you use?”. I can’t believe I’m sharing this recipe, because it’s my pride and joy, and it’s been my best kept secret for years (of course with some tweaks here and there). My mom taught me how to make my first tray of Mac & Cheese one Thanksgiving, and I’ve been playing with the recipe ever since. I’ve tried different cheeses, different amounts of elbow noodles and evaporated milk, different amounts of seasoning, but this right here is perfection. I want you to try it out. Test it on yourself and on your friends, and when they ask what your secret is, tell them Speshyl taught you. I hope you love this as much as my friends and family do. Enjoy!
Four Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 75 minutes
- Yield: 8–10 servings 1x
This decadent, gooey baked macaroni and cheese is filled with four types of cheese, seasoned to perfection, and doesn’t require a roux based béchamel sauce.
- 1 16 ounce box elbow noodles
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese
- 8 ounces muenster cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Shred all of your cheeses. (It’s better to shred your own cheese because pre-shredded cheese have preservatives that don’t allow the cheese to melt the same/as well as blocks of cheese)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with and add in a good amount of salt. Add in your elbow noodles and boil for 12 minutes, or until al dente.
- Strain your noodles and add back into the pot with no water.
- Mix in adobo, pepper, sugar, mustard, smoked paprika and evaporated milk, with your noodles. Start to add in 3/4ths of your cheese, leaving some to sprinkle on the top.
- Pour this mixture into your baking dish, sprinkle a little more smoked paprika on top, and top it off with your remaining cheese.
- Place your macaroni and cheese into the oven, and let it bake until the cheese on top is nice, crisp and golden; about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Serve.
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
Leave a Reply