Hey guys! Today I’m sharing with you, my absolute favorite way to make crispy saucy wings. There are several factors that make these the best wings you’ll ever get out of an oven:
They are coated with spices, but the most important part of that coating is baking powder. The baking powder lends a hand in helping these wings become super crispy, while the taste is undetectable after they have been cooked.
Smoked paprika. Need I say more? Smoked paprika is definitely in my top five favorite seasonings. It lends so much to any dish it is added in. The smoky flavor leaves a nice touch that will have you thinking “did these come straight off the grill?”
The sauce. There are two components. Honey & barbecue sauce. That’s it. That’s all you need when the chicken has been previously seasoned with just the right amount of flavor.
The chilling. These wings need 30 minutes in the refrigerator before making their way into the oven. This way, the skin will dry out, and they will not be soggy.
Check out my video & full recipe below for a step by step tutorial on how these wings are made.Print
Oven baked wings with a crispy exterior, covered in honey-barbecue sauce.
- Prep your wings by cutting them at the joints to separate. Place all of the wing pieces in a bowl. Reserve the wing tips & freeze for later use in different dishes, such as chicken stock.
- Mix baking powder, kosher salt, smoked paprika and black pepper to combine. Sprinkle mixture onto the chicken and mix well until all of the pieces are evenly coated.Place your chicken on a baking rack and into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. After 30 minutes, remove the chicken from the refrigerator & place it into your preheated oven for one hour. Flip the chicken pieces halfway through cooking (after 30 minutes).
- Prepare your sauce by heating a small sauce pan over a medium/low flame, and add your barbecue sauce and honey. Mix to combine and let it heat up to a gentle simmer. Remove from heat.
- Place your chicken wings into a large bowl and pour the sauce over them. Toss until they are evenly coated. Chop up 2 scallions (green onions) and use them to garnish. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer, Main Course
- Cuisine: American