Sweet Potatoessssssss *Oprah voice*. When I make sweet potato fries, I don’t know how to act. I say this because one minute I’m staring at a bowl full of them, and the next I’m looking at the same bowl, now empty, with crumbs all over my mouth. Every time I make them, I can never seem to make enough. Lets not even talk about sharing, because that word is not in my vocabulary when it comes to these. The natural sweetness from the potatoes, and the savoriness from just three seasonings pull this snack together. I season the fries after they come out of the oven so that the salt doesn’t draw out moisture while cooking, causing them to steam instead of becoming crisp and crunchy. You wont be able to stop reaching for more. Perfect for kids, adults, and everyone in between. Enjoy!
Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 0 people 1x
- 5 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Veagetable Oil ((or enough to coat your fries))
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
- Cut up your sweet potatoes into fries, about 1/2 an inch thick. Make sure all of the fries are relatively the same size so they can all cook at the same rate.
- Coat your fries with the vegetable oil, making sure every one is covered, and place on a baking rack or baking sheet (the rack allows them to cook evenly on all sides). Make sure there is space between each fry, they shouldn’t touch.
- Place your fries in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove your fries and transfer into a bowl. Add the salt pepper and garlic powder to the bowl of fries and toss so that all the fries have an even coat of seasoning. Serve.
- Category: Side Dish, Snack
Leave a Reply