- 1 lb collard greens
- 1/2 tsp adobo
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- red pepper flakes (as much as you want)
- 1 smoked turkey neck
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Rinse and scrub the greens under running water until they’re clean and free of any grit. Break each leaf into two or three pieces.
- In a large pot, heat up the vegetable oil & once its hot add in the smoked turkey neck. Cook for 3-5 minutes, and then add in the greens, adobo, pepper, smoked paprika, and sugar. Stir well, add in 1/2 cup of water, reduce heat to low & cover. Let cook for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, (you will notice that the amount of greens has reduced dramatically), & add in your red pepper flakes.
- Remove the turkey neck, shred it (removing the meat from the bone), and add both the meat and the bone back into the pot. Cover, add in the remaining 1/4 cup of water, and cook for another 15 minutes. Serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American, Southern