Almost every weekend without fail, someone in my house is making home fries for breakfast. We actually make them so much that it feels weird when they’re not on the menu for breakfast. The meal just doesn’t feel complete. These potatoes are diced up along with red onion and bell pepper, seared on one side to get a nice crust, and covered to steam for 20 minutes. This is a quick, easy dish that can fulfill just about anyones palette. This recipe is also vegan! Breakfast will never be the same after you throw these into the mix. I hope you enjoy!
- 6 Russet Potatoes ((diced))
- 1 Green Bell Pepper ((diced))
- 1 Red Onion ((diced))
- 1 1/2 tsp Adobo
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 tbsp Water
- Dice your potatoes, onion, and green pepper.
- Heat up your vegetable oil in a large pan over medium/high heat.
- Season your potatoes, and once the oil is hot, pour them into the pan. DO NOT TOUCH the potatoes (stir, move) for 5-7 minutes. This helps them develop a nice crust on one side.
- After 5-7 minutes, stir your potatoes, add in your onion and green pepper, and leave for another 5 minutes.
- Add water, turn your flame down to low, cover, and let steam for 20 minutes. Serve.
- Category: Breakfast