My mom has been making this Sweet Potato Pie for YEARS. I honestly cannot remember a single Thanksgiving without it, and I’m grateful for that. This is probably the one desert I look forward to the most. Pumpkin pie, who?! Never in my home. I like this pie best when it has been chilled in the refrigerator after cooking, with a dollop of whipped topping. Cool whip, Reddi Whip, I don’t care. Give it all to me! This pie is thick, rich, creamy… honestly everything you could ever ask for from a dessert. A perfect combination of fall spices and buttery goodness. It’ll be tempting to finish one of these pies all on your own, but try to share the love this holiday season. I hope you enjoy it!
Sweet Potato Pie
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 105 minutes
- Total Time: 120 minutes
- Yield: 24 servings (3 pies) 1x
- 4 Jumbo Yams
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 stick Butter ((4 tbsp))
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Whipped Topping ((optional))
- 3 Ready Graham Cracker Pie Crusts
- Boil 4 jumbo yams for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Remove yams from water, and let cool enough for you to be able to handle them. Peel off the skins and place yams into a large bowl.
- Mash up the yams. Add in nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, flour, salt, evaporated milk, butter, vanilla extract & lemon juice. Mix together until well combined. Taste it to see if you need to adjust anything, then add in your egg and mix until combined again.
- Add 1/3 of your mixture into each pie crust. Place into your preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes (or refrigerate overnight if you like your pie cold). Top with whipped topping & serve.
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply